18 Mar 2017
Tiny Advocacy Network News
Your voice is needed - speak up in support of Tiny Houses on March 21st!
The City of LA's Planning and Land Use Management (PLUM) committee will meet this Tuesday March 21st to discuss the Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) ordinance, and will be discussing the possibility of adding Movable Tiny Houses as accepted ADUs. You can see the agenda here - ADUs are item number 7 (council file here).
COMMITTEE MEETING INFORMATION:
2:30 pm. ROOM 340, City Hall, 200 North Spring Street, LA.
Please consider coming out and making a public comment in support of the ADU ordinance and in support of adding Movable Tiny Houses. Each person will get one minute to talk, and because we'd like to make the most of our comments, we will be meeting before the meeting to make a strategy. This meeting will replace our previously scheduled Tiny Advocacy Network meeting.
PRE-HEARING TINY ADVOCACY NETWORK MEETING
12:30 pm Tuesday March 31st
@ Civic Park across from City Hall. Specifically, at the pink tables and chairs between the restrooms and the play structure.
PUBLIC COMMENT TIPS
1. Make sure you see the city clerk when you enter the hearing, and submit a public comment card.
2. If you have any documents you'd like to submit to the PLUM committee to review, have about 10 copies prepared and submit them with your public comment card.
3. Start out by thanking City Council and expressing your support for the proposed ADU ordinance amendments. Follow by urging City Council to also include movable tiny Houses as ADUs.
4. Decide on a specific benefit of Tiny Houses for the City that you'd like to promote ... sustainability, increasing housing supply, easy infill, easy on the City's budget, supporting homeowners, reducing homelessness, student, introduction to the housing market, etc...
5. Keep it interesting - don't repeat the same points as others have already made.